Thanks for flower show help
A huge thanks from the Red Deer and District Garden Club for the success of the flower and garden show on Aug. 15at the Golden Circle Centre.
Thank you to:
• Exhibitors (of flowers, fruits and vegetables, and photographs) who spent countless hours nurturing their entries to be able to provide such excellent specimens (540 exhibits).
• Volunteers who assisted in providing of their valuable time with the set up, display, disassembly of the facility and the afternoon tea.
• The major corporate sponsors for their generous donations of prizes, without which we would not have been able to provide the show: Parkland Nurseries; McBain Camera; Peavey Mart — Red Deer store; and McKenzie Seeds.
• All individual garden club members — too numerous to mention by name, but you know your efforts.
• To those who purchased the silent auction items. Your purchase assisted in paying for prizes.
• The committee members — Bev Swanson, Reg Jopko, Anne Johnson, Dianne Klein and Noreen Williamson.
• Judges for their time to come for some from considerable distances to offer their expertise and comments — Martha Krause, Donna Heileman, Jody Bignell and Harvey Brink.
• The entire staff of the Golden Circle, who assisted in many ways to make a successful show.
• The Alberta Horticultural Association for providing judges and for their financial support.
• And, finally, to the visitors who helped make the show an outstanding event.
Myron Gulka and Ann McNaney