Take heed, drivers.
New school zone times are in effect starting today.
- School zones are in effect from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on school days
- Playground zones are in effect from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day
- Combinations zones (marked as both school and playground zones) will be converted to playground zones
- Going forward, all signs will be equipped with a time tab noting the new times for that zone.
- School and playground zones will continue to be 30km/h areas.
For many students school is still a month away, but the bell will ring at St. Patrick’s next week as they return to classes.
St. Patrick’s Community School offers a year-round schooling program. Its school year starts on Thursday, Aug. 10.
The Red Deer Catholic Regional School district is asking the public to adhere to speed limits in school zones, especially in the Highland Green neighbourhood, where the school is located.
While students may be in session in early August, they also have breaks throughout the year including a week off in October and February, two weeks off in March and April for spring break and three weeks off for Christmas holidays.
New student registration starts on Wednesday. For more information visit www.stpatsschool.ca.