Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

LATEST NEWS:

Red Deer Advocate - News
TEXT
  • letter
  • print
  • follow

72 kids taken to hospital in Quebec as preventive measure after carbon monoxide leak

SAINT-EUSTACHE, Que. — At least two children were overcome by carbon monoxide at their daycare in St-Eustache, north of Montreal.

The city says on its website that 72 children and about 10 adults were taken to hospital as a preventive measure.

The incident occurred at Les petits explorateurs daycare centre earlier today.

The city says that all parents were advised and the leak is contained within the daycare building.

The St-Eustache fire department is at the scene.

Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.

 
TEXT

COMMENTS

COMMENTING ETIQUETTE: To encourage open exchange of ideas in the Red Deer Advocate community, we ask that you follow our guidelines and respect standards. Personal attacks, offensive language and unsubstantiated allegations are not allowed. More on etiquette...

 

 

follow us on twitter

Featured partners