Lacombe projects approved
Lacombe city council has approved a $237,000 contract with an engineering firm to oversee $2.8 million worth of capital projects this year.
Stantec Consulting will do the work to take conceptual projects through detailed design, tendering, implementation and completion.
Just under $23,000 has been earmarked to start preliminary design work for next year’s capital works program. It is hoped that doing that work in the fall will mean projects can be tendered early in 2014, when prices are typically lowest.
Some of the projects planned for this year are:
• Sewer main replacement from Cranna Lake Drive to C&E Trail
• Barnett Arena parking lot redevelopment
• 50th Avenue sidewalk from Hwy 2A to 46th Street and asphalt trail from 46th to 45th Street
• New trail from Hangingstone Drive to Hwy 2A
• Traffic signals at intersection of Woodland Drive and C&E Trail