The boil water order issued for Springbrook on Wednesday was lifted Friday.
Red Deer Airport, Springbrook residents, and businesses located at the airport had no water service on Wednesday morning following the fire at the community’s water treatment facility.
Alberta Health Service rescinded the boil water advisory for the Red Deer County community, located about 10 km south of Red Deer.
Water tests confirmed that the water was safe for consumption and residents and businesses could stop boiling water prior to drinking or cooking, and resume normal water handling practices.
Prior to using water, residents and businesses should:
- Run all water-using fixtures for five minutes.
- Run all cold water faucets/drinking water fountains for five minutes.
- Drain and flush ice-making systems on refrigerators.
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Drain all cisterns and flush with clean water.
- Drain and refill hot water heaters set below 45 C (normal setting is 60 C).
- Run food spraying sprinklers for five minutes.
- Clean and disinfect all counters.