Blackfalds Mounties have closed a case of suspected poisoned Halloween candy after lab results came back negative.
Police received a complain on Nov. 2, 2016, of Halloween candy that was thought to have caused a child to get sick. A member of the public walked up to the detachment’s front counter and said their child had consumed candy received on Halloween night and then became sick.
The child had only trick-or-treated in Clive.
The candy was sent to the RCMP laboratory and testing was requested. Results from the testing indicate no drugs or common poisons were detected in the pieces of candy.
Police have closed the file on this case.