Container left on stove catches fire in Penhold home

Estimated $1,000 in damages

A plastic container left on a stove caused an estimated $1,000 in damages at a Penhold residence on Thursday.

Penhold Fire Department said at 1:48 p.m. firefighters responded to a fire alarm on Hayter Street where they found a small fire in the growth stage in a kitchen.

It was discovered that the occupant placed a container on the stove and inadvertently turned on the burner.

There were no injuries and five firefighters who responded cleared the scene in about 40 minutes.

Fire chief Jim Pendergast wanted to remind people not to leave combustible materials on a stove or other potentially hot surfaces.


Five-day delivery plus unlimited digital access for $185 for 260 issues (must live in delivery area to qualify) Unlimited Digital Access 99 cents for the first four weeks and then only $15 per month Five-day delivery plus unlimited digital access for $15 a month