Recent criminal incidents involving guns in Central Alberta:
– Wednesday, 8:50 p.m.: An armed robbery occurred on the Montana First Nation at the Montana Gas Bar. Two males entered the Montana Gas Bar and brandished firearms, demanding cash and cigarettes. They may have gotten into a dark-coloured SUV.
– Monday, 8 p.m.: A 17-year-old male called police after his truck was approached by a man who appeared to be carrying a shotgun. The teenager said the man demanded personal items from him and the teen girl with him. The teen drove away and the suspect got into a black Ford Focus that had other people inside and followed. The people inside the car pointed a gun at the young man and other witnesses before driving away. A bullet hole was found in the driver’s side door of the truck. Mounties believe they found the suspect vehicle in Maskwacis. It had been burned and stolen from Red Deer.
– Monday, 7:30 a.m.: Two suspects with long-barrelled guns robbed the Bayshore Market convenience store in Sylvan Lake on Lakeshore Drive. They fled in dark-coloured four-door car. It’s suspected a third person was driving. RCMP said Friday that a suspect was arrested in Maskwacis on Tuesday and charged in this robbery. The investigation is continuing.
– Monday, 5:30 a.m.: A man walking in north Red Deer to the bus stop in area of 59th Avenue and 68th Street had his wallet stolen. Three suspects in a black car pulled up to him and two got out of the car and pointed guns at the victim. They fired shots in the air before leaving. The car was described as a black four-door 2008 Chevrolet Malibu. The victim did not know the suspects.
– Jan. 15: The Rimbey Grand Hotel Tavern was robbed at gunpoint. Two masked men walking into the bar. One appeared to be carrying a sawed-off shotgun. It is unclear what the second man was holding. One suspect took cash from the bartender, while the other held a waitress at gunpoint.
– Jan. 9: Lynn Valley home invasion; The suspects entered the residence carrying long-barrelled guns. The victims were held at gunpoint as the suspects went through the home. They fled after stealing cash and items.
– Jan 5: A gas station in Blackfalds was also robbed at gunpoint.
– Dec 28, 2 p.m.: A brazen robbery at East 40th Pub in Red Deer occurred by two men — one wielding a shotgun and the other a screwdriver — at 3811 40th Ave.
– Dec 18, 10 p.m.: The East Hill Liquor Depot at 22nd Street and 30th Avenue in Red Deer was robbed at gunpoint. The male suspect got into a waiting parked car.