Red Deer RCMP is investigating three home invasions committed in the city over the last 10 days.
In one case, two apartment occupants were assaulted and later treated in hospital.
So far, police believes all three cases are unrelated and involved targeted victims.
The first case happened shortly before 11 p.m. on Dec. 27. Two male suspects entered a Barrett Drive residence. They produced a handgun and demanded cash and other items. Three people living at the home reported the two suspects searched the residence but left empty-handed. They were last seen fleeing northbound on foot on Barrett Drive.
No one was injured during this home invasion.
– The first male suspect is described as 1.83 m (6-feet) tall, wearing a dark brown trench coat, gloves, and a balaclava with cut out eye holes. He carried a black handgun and possibly spoke with a French accent.
– The second man is described as 1.6 m (5-foot-three) tall and approx. 68 kg (150 lbs). He wore dark clothing and a balaclava with eyes and nose printed on the fabric.
The investigation is ongoing, and police believe victims were singled out for this robbery attempt.
The second home invasion happened at about 1 a.m. Monday. Four men entered a suite in an apartment building on 33rd St. carrying baseball bats and a silver handgun. They robbed two male victims of cell phones, cash, wallets and a Play Station 4. They also stole a truck belonging to one of the victims.
Both occupants of the apartment were assaulted during this home invasion and were treated in hospital for non-serious injuries.
– All four suspects wore black clothing and toques, and had their faces covered with black balaclavas or bandanas.
– Several of the men left the scene in a black sporty four-door car with silver rims and tinted windows. The others left in the stolen truck, which RCMP recovered the same morning, after it was abandoned in Morrisroe.
While the suspects were not known to their victims, RCMP believe this may have been a targeted incident.
The third home invasion was at 12:10 a.m. Thursday. Three masked men demanded entry to a home on Terrace Park. They were carrying baseball bats and a long-barrel firearm. The home’s occupants were robbed of cash, electronics and other items, including an acoustic guitar and a black-and-white Fender Stratocaster electric guitar.
The suspects were looking for a specific individual who didn’t live at the residence. They were not known to the victims. No one was injured in this robbery.
– The man with the shotgun is described as about 1.83 m to 1.88 m (6-feet to 6-foot-two) tall, of medium build, wearing a skull face mask, black jacket and dark jeans.
– The second man is described as about 1.78 m (five-foot-10) tall, with an average build and a scruffy face. He was wearing all black with a balaclava with red writing on it.
– The third suspect wore all black.
RCMP are continuing to investigate. Anyone with information about any of these incidents, is urged to contact the Red Deer RCMP at 403-343-5575. If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or report it online at www.tipsubmit.com.