Homeless man burned
CALGARY — A homeless man in Calgary is recovering from second and third-degree burns after a fire he built to get warm set his pants on fire.
Norman Voyer had been living in a makeshift shelter ever since coming to the city a few months ago to find work.
Voyer built the fire last week, but he dozed off and awoke to find his clothing ablaze.
The flames burned through four layers of clothing and there’s a chance that the injuries could lead to infection.
Social workers are trying to arrange temporary housing for Voyer, once he’s released from hospital.