Nick Carter seeks restraining order against brother Aaron Carter

Nick Carter says he and his sister Angel have obtained a restraining order against brother Aaron Carter.

“In light of Aaron’s increasingly alarming behavior and his recent confession that he harbors thoughts and intentions of killing my pregnant wife and unborn child, we were left with no choice but to take every measure possible to protect ourselves and our family,” Nick Carter, of the band Backstreet Boys, said Tuesday night on Twitter, adding hashtags about mental health and gun control to his tweet.

Aaron, who has been singing since he was a child, fired back at his older brother for hours on Twitter, saying in part that he was cutting ties with Nick. Aaron also aired a lot of dirty laundry about his family and accused his brother of raping a woman. (Nick, 39, faced a 2003 rape accusation last year but denied it; prosecutors tossed out the case, citing the statute of limitations.)

During the barrage, Aaron said Nick was paying him back for supporting the woman who had accused the Backstreet Boy of rape. “[T]o retaliate you call the police to take away my legal guns and you file a restraining order,” he tweeted.

Aaron, 31, told TMZ on Monday that he’d been visited by law enforcement on Sunday night and questioned about his mental health. Police left without placing him under a psychiatric hold, the singer said, after he convinced them he was not a danger to himself or others.

“There was four deputies that came … and then a mental evaluator with a clipboard ready to take me and put me in a straitjacket,” Aaron told the website, adding that he advised police that he had loaded guns around the house, but none on his person.

The singer inherited hundreds of guns after his father died in 2017 and recently said on Instagram that he had legally purchased a pistol and two rifles.

His mental health has been discussed a lot lately in part because of recent appearances on the TV show “The Doctors.” Though any diagnosis has been unclear, he went on the show last week and revealed he had been prescribed Xanax, Seroquel, gabapentin and trazodone. He also revealed that he went into rehab in 2017 because he was huffing.

“I was in a really terrible place. I was abusing medications. I was in a toxic relationship. I was in complete denial. I was so into the addiction, I was just like, ‘I’m just going to let myself die,’” Aaron told “The Doctors.”

“I still struggle, but … I’m creative. I’m starting to get acclimated to my medications. I gained 45 pounds. I manage my career, I negotiate my contracts. That’s what it’s like for me being sober.”

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Comments are closed

Just Posted

Albertans get an extra free order of COVID-19 masks

Packages will be available July 13 at fast food restaurants

COVID-19 scare sees Latvia-bound troops turn around, return to Canada

Those on board face another 14 days in isolation

2 dead, 8 hurt in South Carolina nightclub shooting

Police are searching for two suspects

Ponoka RCMP lay charges following home invasion

33-year-old man who arrived on bicycle is in custody

QUIZ: A celebration of dogs

These are the dog days of summer. How much do you know about dogs?

P.E.I. reports three new COVID-19 cases, including one seniors’ residence employee

CHARLOTETOWN, P.E.I. — Prince Edward Island reported new COVID-19 cases for the… Continue reading

Even pandemic can’t spoil July

July. Finally. It’s seems like the last three weird months have taken… Continue reading

‘You have to show up:’ NDP MP questions virtual attendance of Alberta Tories

NDP MP McPherson says she’s disappointed Tory MPs haven’t been participating in virtual meetings

Flood warning, mandatory evacuation for people in remote Alberta hamlet

A flood warning has been issued for the rain-swollen Smoky River near the Hamlet of Watino

Stop enforcing sex work laws during COVID-19, Amnesty, sex worker advocates say

‘We need to make sure the existing laws on the books aren’t enforced’

No winning ticket for Friday night’s $25 million Lotto Max jackpot

TORONTO — No winning ticket was sold for the $25 million jackpot… Continue reading

At Mount Rushmore, Trump digs deeper into nation’s divisions

MOUNT RUSHMORE NATIONAL MEMORIAL, S.D. — At the foot of Mount Rushmore… Continue reading

Most Read