Great response to monoxide call

While reading in my living room one morning recently, I heard our carbon monoxide detector give off two loud beeps. After it beeped again, I called 911 to report the situation.

While reading in my living room one morning recently, I heard our carbon monoxide detector give off two loud beeps. After it beeped again, I called 911 to report the situation. Within a few minutes, the emergency services people, the firemen, showed up, and later, a man from ATCO Gas arrived. They also checked our next-door neighbour’s condo, who were also asked to vacate their condo. They assessed the situation, determined that the problem with the carbon monoxide seeped into our place from our neighbour’s, quickly fixed it, and later explained it to us.

We are very thankful for the prompt, polite, efficient and professional services that these men carried out for our home. We need to remember those who serve us so faithfully and well, since we never know when we will need them.

Here is a big thank you to Capt. Lyman and his crew, as well as the attending ATCO representative.

Please, everyone, buy a carbon monoxide detector for your home, and replace it regularly. It could save your life!

Donald Ottosen

Red Deer