I’m pondering the two faces of Danielle Smith, leader of the Wildrose Alliance:
• Vancouver Sun quote: “If you look at how we’ve behaved as a party since I became leader, we stay focused on the issues.”
• 630 CHED Quote: “I would wish that the 24 cabinet ministers who’ve been complicit in all the terrible decisions that have been made in the last number of years would also step down.”
Last time I checked “cabinet ministers” do not equal “issues.” Health care, taxes, education, oilsands, those are issues to focus on.
Personal attacks, not so much.
Frankly with the oilsands a sensitive world-wide issue, I don’t a leader doing personal attacks will help the Alberta economy.
• On the role of international affairs: “I would wish that the ## U.S. congressmen and senators . . . would step down.”
• On the role of health care: “I would wish that the ## physicians and surgeons . . . would step down.”
• On the role of education: “I wish that the ## principals and teachers . . . would step down.”
I’m pretty sure asking everyone to “step down” doesn’t exactly improve stability or the “issues” as mentioned.
Cory G. Litzenberger