VANCOUVER — The Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel hopes to lure hockey fans with rates starting at $149 a night when the Vancouver Canucks play home games.
The hotel — located above the Waterfront Skytrain station, minutes from Rogers Arena — says the special offer is for holders of Canucks tickets.
Elsewhere in the city, the Georgian Court Hotel, close to the arena and the B.C. Sports Hall of Fame and Museum, has rates starting at $134, says Hotels.ca, which also has these suggestions on hotels available at the website for fans looking to catch NHL action across the country:
• Calgary: The Fairmont Palliser, a few minutes from the Scotiabank Saddledome. From $149 a night.
• Edmonton: The Sutton Place Hotel, located next to the Edmonton City Centre mall near Rexall Place. From $91 a night.
• Toronto: The Westin Harbour Castle, a few blocks from the Air Canada Centre and the Hockey Hall of Fame. From $159 a night.
• Ottawa: The Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, steps from Scotiabank Place. From $154 a night. After a Senators game, fans can visit the Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame at the arena.
• Montreal: Le Centre Sheraton Montreal, a few minutes from the Centre Bell.
From $178 a night. While in Montreal, fans can visit the legendary Montreal Forum, former home of the Canadiens.