The Red Deer Advocate is set to host a Twitter debate — or ‘Twibate’ — for all city candidates.
Information for candidates:
• Starting at 3 p.m. on Oct 14, the Advocate will Tweet out 10 questions to all candidates who are active on Twitter. The Twibate is expected to last about an hour and 45 minutes.
• Following each question, candidates will have 10 minutes to debate and discuss, then a new question will be Tweeted by the Advocate (RedDeerAdvocate).
• Due to Twitter’s strict word limit, responses must be concise. Questions may be answered in multiple Tweets, but we ask candidates to avoid overloading the thread.
• The hashtag to be used with each answer is #voteRD.
Information for followers:
• All Red Deer Tweeters are welcome to post their own responses or question candidates, but we request that followers avoid re-tweeting the Twibate until it’s over to prevent filling up the search.
• Those who wish to follow the debate but do not have a Twitter account can view a stream of all the #voteRD action on the Twitter widget posted on the right side of this page — http://bit.ly/8MHKvd
Red Deer candidates confirmed on Twitter:
Hilary Penko — voteHilary
Chris Stephan — Vote4StephanRD
Cindy Jefferies — CindyJ4Council
Paul Harris — harris4rd
Dianne Wyntjes — dianne4RD
Calvin Yzerman — Yzerman4RD
Jeffrey Dawson — Dawson4RD
Jason Chilibeck — ElectJason2010
Gail Parks — votegailparks
For more information, please contact Advocate online editor Leo Paré at firstname.lastname@example.org
*What the heck is Twitter? Learn here — http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter