A number of collisions kept Red Deer RCMP hustling on Friday morning, as local drivers contended with the first significant snowfall of the season.
Red Deer roads were slippery with a layer of ice and snow, prompting police to issue a warning to motorists.
There were also several collisions on Hwy 2 south of Red Deer causing traffic delays Friday afternoon. Snow was falling in Red Deer and south late in the morning and early in the afternoon.
Police have the following advice for drivers:
• slow down, adjust your speed for conditions
• give plenty of time to stop, do not brake hard or sudden
• leave plenty of room between you and the driver in front of you
• allow extra travel time when heading out
FROM INNISFAIL TRAFFIC SERVICES at 3:50 p.m. Friday, November 27
• Hwy 2 has been closed from Carstairs to Didsbury until further notice.
• Hwy 2 southbound is being re-routed to Hwy 2A at Didsbury overpass and northbound traffic is being re-routed at the Carstairs overpass.