A worker is being treated for serious injuries after being overcome by fumes while working on a septic tank at a rural home about five kilometres northeast of Bentley.
Cpl. Andrew Shepherd of the Red Deer rural RCMP said the unidentified man, an employee of Focus Industries, had been applying resin to the insulation inside the tank.
He was rescued from the tank by members of the Bentley volunteer fire department.
The man was then taken by ground ambulance to Red Deer Regional Hospital for transfer via STARS air ambulance to Calgary, said Shepherd.
Charles Strachey, regional communications manager for Occupational Health and Safety, said the homeowner had found the man lying in the tank at about 4 p.m.
He was semi-conscious when rescuers got him into the waiting ambulance.
The OH&S investigation is still in its early stages, said Strachey.
A company-wide stop work order has been issued, temporarily preventing Focus Industries from performing confined-space work.