Are you ready to leave the cooking and housekeeping to someone else, get help running your errands while maintaining your independence?
You’ll find that and more at The Hamlets at Deer Park, an all-inclusive retirement community located in a quiet neighbourhood close to walking trails and the Davenport Community Park. A multitude of activities and services are available to help keep you active, both physically and socially.
“We want to keep the mind active, the body moving and encourage socialization for our residents,” says Jaime Riggins, Community Relations Co-ordinator for The Hamlets at Deer Park.
Recreation and activity programs are designed with residents in mind and with their input, Riggins says. Here’s a taste of what you’ll find:
- Find your favourite ways to get active – The Hamlets at Deer Park provides numerous options for physical activities, regardless of your fitness level. From Sit and Be Fit and Chair Yoga, to Sit and Stretch and an Outdoor Walking Group, there’s something for everyone. There’s even Gentleman’s Fitness classes that provide a comfortable environment for men who might feel intimidated with co-ed classes.
- Get your pet fix in – If you love animals but don’t have one in your life, you’ll love the pet therapy programs. Well-heeled and people-friendly pets are brought in to allow you to experience that unconditional love and therapeutic benefits of Pet Therapy.
- A handy service – Dedicated volunteers provide weekly complimentary nail painting through Pampered Hands!
- Musical memories – A range of local musicians play often at The Hamlets, from Randi Boulton and Murray Larsen to the Poplar Ridge Singers and Wild Rose Harmonizers. Exercise your vocal chords during Sing-a-long with Sandy!
- Taking you places – Enjoy weekly outings to Bower or Parkland malls and various special excursions such as the RCMP Dog Training Facility, Ellis Bird Farm, Dinner Theatre and much more. There’s also complimentary transport to medical/banking appointments in The Hamlets’ privately owned bus.
“We have happy residents, and they love our extensive recreation program, caring dedicated team and cozy, warm living atmosphere,” Riggins says. Other useful services address day-to-day needs, with on-site clinics helping you get the most out of your walker or hearing aids, for example.
Food service second to none
For lunch and dinner The Hamlets at Deer Park features restaurant-style dining, another way they address the needs and wants of residents, Riggins says. “And we receive a lot of compliments about our food.” A casual continental breakfast is also offered.
Monitoring your health
If you’re in need of regular health monitoring, The Hamlets has certified staff on hand 24/7 and a registered nurse on call. Ask them about other optional health services available.