From tiny home solutions to edible landscaping to tips for going solar in Central Alberta, the help you need to make your home and garden dreams a reality is at the Red Deer Home Show!
Presented by Building Industry and Land Development – Central Alberta March 6 to 8, the 41st annual Red Deer Home Show will fill Westerner Park with more than 270 experts who’ll provide the information and inspiration to get you started.
“It’s one of the largest shows to come to Central Alberta, and for a lot of residents, the Red Deer Home Show really does bring that spark of spring, even when there’s still snow on the ground, so it’s a pretty exciting time,” says Andrew Weibe, president of BILD-CA’s board of directors.
In fact, more than 10,000 visitors are expected to take in the show, which will fill every corner of Westerner Park over the three days. With so much to take in, here’s a look at how to make the most of your visit.
- Mainstage – Taken by the idea of a tiny home? Scott Smythe, from Tree Hugger Tiny Homes, explores the popularity of minimalist living. Wondering what’s hot in the garden? Angela Sommers, from Herons Nest Landscape, talks trends. No matter your interest, hear from experts in home improvement, interior design, landscaping, new technologies and more on the home show Mainstage.
- Outdoor Living – Dreaming of the great outdoors? Your first stop is the GoRV Outdoor Living Pavilion, your source for indoor and outdoor living, construction, landscaping, gardening and everything else for fun in the sun. And if outdoor living has you thinking of summer on four wheels, check out the onsite RVs!
- Family Fun Zone – Mom and dad aren’t the only ones excited about this year’s Home Show – kids will have a blast in the Family Fun Zone, where activities include bouncy castles, an obstacle course and face painting. (Even better, kids 12 and younger are free all weekend!). We have partnered with the Women’s Outreach again to bring you the “zone”.
- 2020 Upcycle Challenge – Back by popular demand, the second annual Upcycle Challenge returns. Stop by the Habitat Red Deer booth to view the DIY projects upcycled from the local ReStore, and vote for the most creative. After voting, projects will be auctioned off with proceeds supporting Habitat Red Deer programs.
- Refresh Lounge – Take a break from the show and enjoy a beer, glass of wine or cooler in the lounge area while you pore over all the information you’ve collected – a great way to Refresh before the next round of speakers!
- Craft Beer Sampling Event – Take the time to visit the sampling event, buy tickets and sample some of the best craft breweries in the region. Proceeds from the ticket sales will be donated to charity through the BILD-CAres funds.
General admission is $12 at the door, but buy your tickets online before the show and save $3! Seniors (60+) pay just $10 at the door, or $8 on Friday between noon and 5 p.m.
- Friday, March 6 from noon to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Marcy 7 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, March 8 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More ways to save: Save $2 on your $7 Westerner Park parking pass by purchasing your parking pass online with your ticket.
Or, show your Red Deer Rebels ticket or stub for $3 off an adult admission at the door.
Learn more about this year’s home show at reddeerhomeshow.ca, and see you at the show!