Kevin Tonery had a furnace problem. The even bigger problem was that the furnace was in an outbuilding about four hours from the nearest HVAC repair technician. It costs hundreds of dollars just to get a service company out to a remote location like that, and costs even more if the technician needs to drive back to town to get parts. So Kevin called My Tech Chat instead.
The Red Deer-based company diagnoses heating, cooling and ventilation problems via video chat, and can even guide customers through a repair. Kevin got the heat back on with the help of a My Tech Chat technician, saving him time and money.
“I’ve been running a traditional HVAC service for years, Comfortable Climate Solutions. And when I’m on a job I often fix other little things that a property manager or homeowner needs help with,” says Jamie Harvey, the founder of My Tech Chat. “I’ve also spent a lot of time helping other technicians and homeowners over the phone, so I knew a remote technician service could work.”
Something as simple as snow covering your boiler exhaust can cost nearly two hundred dollars to fix, but with My Tech Chat your problem can be solved in less time, with less money and a lot less worry.
How it works
- Call 403-318-2817 to connect with a technician. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also schedule an appointment online at mytechchat.com.
- Talk to an expert. My Tech Chat has two journeyman HVAC specialists on-call, plus a master electrician and a plumber.
- Diagnose the issue over the phone. My Tech Chat will send you a link to a video conference, or you can work together over phone and text. “Often I’ll take a screen shot of what you’re looking at on Zoom, circle the problem and text it back to you,” Jamie says.
- Repair it yourself, or bring in the experts. Diagnosing a problem with My Tech Chat costs only $50, and your technician can also walk you through repairs. Not comfortable doing the fix? My Tech Chat will connect you with a qualified technician who can complete the job — and it will cost less because they’ll bring the right parts for the job.
- No solution, no fee. If My Tech Chat can’t diagnose your issue over the phone, there’s no charge for the call. If your contractor says the My Tech Chat diagnosis was wrong, they’ll give you a refund. “I don’t hide anything up my sleeve — what you see is what you get. I’ve seen so many people get ripped off, and I’m just trying to help people out,” Jamie says.
My Tech Chat is based in Red Deer, but their service area is virtually limitless! Call 403-318-2817 to see if they can help.
“I’m hoping this will really help other small businesses and homeowners. If we can help reduce their overhead, all that money can go back into the community,” Jamie says.