MONTREAL — Several naked people and others clad only in towels were forced to flee from an early morning fire at a club for Montreal swingers.
Firefighters broke through windows to rescue a handful of people, including patrons and club employees, who had been trapped on the second storey of the building.
Several people were treated for smoke inhalation.
The appearance of the barely dressed fire victims surprised neighbours on the street, one of whom remarked he didn’t see this sort of thing every day.
The fire is believed to have started in the basement of the building.
Firefighters have not yet determined the cause of the blaze.
The clients and staff of the club were given shelter on a fire department bus while the blaze was brought under control.