A series of Alberta Health Services workshops in Red Deer will offer people safe and effective strategies to keep their weight under control.
The workshops will be led by AHS health professionals, who share their expertise and guide interactive group sessions.
The program is open to residents 17 years of age and older. Family members and supporters are welcome to attend – the workshops are not recommended for pregnant women.
Here are the workshop dates and sessions in Red Deer:
- Moving Matters: Include Physical Activity in Your Day on Sept. 3 from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Nutrition Labels: Reading Between the Lines on Sept. 9 from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Nutrition: I Know I Should Eat Healthy, But How? on Sept. 10 from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Nutrition: Eating Away From Home and During Special Occasions on Sept. 17 from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Lifestyle Change: A Toolkit for Success on Sept. 24 from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
All sessions will be held at Bethany Collegeside. Registration is required as date and time are subject to change.
For more information, or to register, call the Alberta Healthy Living program at 1-877-314-6997.