Another child dies after being exposed to bedbug insecticide

Another child has died after being exposed to an insecticide used to kill bedbugs in an apartment in Fort McMurray.

EDMONTON — Another child has died after being exposed to an insecticide used to kill bedbugs in an apartment in Fort McMurray.

The two-year-old boy had been undergoing treatment in hospital.

Imam Sherif El Sayid of the Al Rashid mosque in Edmonton told mourners about the boy’s death during the funeral for his eight-month-old sister, who died Sunday.

The boy’s funeral is to be held Friday.

The family had recently brought a type of aluminum phosphide back from a trip to Pakistan.

The green tablets were placed around the apartment, particularly in one bedroom, to try to kill bedbugs.