An unattended lit candle in a Mustang Acres mobile home caused an estimated $20,000 in damages on Thursday evening.
Red Deer Emergency Services responded to a structure fire at a home on 59th Avenue just after 9:30 p.m.
Fire crews arrived to find heavy smoke and quickly put out the fire. Three occupants were home at the time of the fire and escaped without injuries.
The fire was contained to one bedroom but the smoke spread throughout the trailer.
An unattended lit candle was determined as the cause.
Emergency Services reminds residents to not leave candles unattended.