The City of Red Deer is asking residents to drive slowly and use caution when in construction zones.
As temperatures get warmer, construction cones will start to pop up around the city. Drivers are being asked to keep the following safety tips in mind when driving in or near construction zones:
- Use caution, follow signs and slow down when driving through a construction zone;
- Always be aware that vehicles ahead of you may stop suddenly;
- Obey all signage and directions from flag persons;
- Always leave plenty of space between your vehicle and other people and equipment parked or being operated at these locations;
- Don’t forget, fines for speeding and other infractions are doubled in construction zones when workers are present.
The city’s traffic impact map can be found online at www.reddeer.ca/construction.