The City of Red Deer has several drop-off sites for Christmas trees.
In addition to the Christmas tree pick-up service provided by Red Deer firefighters, residents can drop off their natural trees at the following locations:
- Downtown – 43rd Street and 48th Avenue, in the parking lot near the tennis courts.
- Bower – 36 Barrett Dr., under the AltaLink right of way.
- Eastview – 120 Ellenwood Dr., Eastview recreation site.
- Clearview Ridge – 186 Carrington Dr., Clearview Ridge central park site.
- Aspen Ridge – 20 Adamson Ave., just north of 22nd Street on Adamson Avenue.
- Normandeau – South of the Nance Avenue and Niven Street intersection.
- Kentwood West – East of Kendrew Drive and Kent Street intersection.
- Oriole Park – West of Odstone Crescent and Overdown Drive intersection.
- Johnstone Crossing – North of Jewel Street and Jacob Crescent intersection.
- Kentwood West – East of Kingston Drive and Kelly Street intersection.
Trees dropped off at these locations by Jan. 25 will be chipped and the wood mulch will be used in city parks.
Residents are asked to remove all decorations, bags, tarps and tinsel from trees to allow for the safe chipping and reuse, and they should dispose of trees in the cleared and marked areas.