HALIFAX — An 18-year-old man has been granted bail after being charged with conspiracy to commit murder in a case where police say weapons were found near a Halifax high school.
Jonathan Murray, who is also charged with two counts of uttering threats, was granted bail on Wednesday in Nova Scotia Supreme Court by Justice Nick Scaravelli.
Chris Hansen, a spokeswoman for the Crown prosecution services, says that Murray was ordered to stay at least 100 metres away from Millwood High School in the suburb of Lower Sackville, and is banned from having weapons or possessing any drugs or alcohol.
Murray, who had been living in Dartmouth, will be on house arrest at his parents' home in a subdivision of the Hammonds Plains neighbourhood.
Hansen said Murray returned to jail on Wednesday evening, as he faces a bail hearing on Thursday on two unrelated charges of luring children over the Internet for sexual purposes.
The high school in Lower Sackville locked its doors and went into emergency mode on April 5 after police received a report that there were people in the area with firearms.
A 15-year-old boy from Lower Sackville and a 17-year-old boy from Halifax are also facing charges of conspiracy to commit murder and face weapons charges in the case.
The boys' identities are protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.