A fire advisory has been issued for the Rocky Mountain House Forest Area due to hot and dry weather conditions.
The risk of wildfires in the Rocky Mountain House Forest Area is currently rated at very high, and one wildfire, being held at .01 hectares, is currently burning in the area.
Safe campfires are allowed, and existing fire permits remain valid.
Fire permits will be issued on a case-by-case basis, but permits for fireworks and exploding targets will not be issued.
Off-highway vehicles can start wildfires so people should check frequently to ensure hot spots are free of debris, and make sure mufflers and spark arrestors are working properly.
Campers should never leave a campfire unattended. Soak it, stir it and soak it again to ensure it is extinguished.
The Fire Advisory will remain in effect until conditions improve.