A white powder found on an Oriole Park street was from a fire extinguisher, but its discovery meant the Red Deer Emergency Services hazardous materials staff had to investigate.
Red Deer RCMP blocked off Oak Street at both ends of O’Connor Green on Monday afternoon in response to a report of a suspicious white substance.
In a news release, police said a Canada Post employee opened a community mailbox on the street and noticed the white powder.
Red Deer RCMP and the hazmat team were called as a precaution.
The substance was determined to be from a fire extinguisher and was not toxic. The fire extinguisher was found near the community mailbox.