Penhold firefighters responded to a commercial structure fire on Monday evening.
At 10:30 p.m., Penhold Volunteer Fire Department crews were dispatched to a reported structure fire in a multiple occupancy commercial property.
Penhold Fire Lieutenant Max Johnston said, “First arriving crews quickly established an offensive strategy and cleared the main occupancy and surrounding exposures.”
There were no injuries.
Three occupants of the building evacuated and waited for emergency services. One of the occupants called 911 upon smelling smoke from the venting system.
“Crews determined the smell was coming from a faulty furnace and shut the unit down,” said Captain Josh Wilson.
According to deputy chief Sean Pendergast the occupants did the right thing by calling 911 and evacuating the building.
Six units and 22 firefighters responded to the call.
No damage estimate was released.