Red Deer Catholic Regional Education Foundation raised $50,000 to fund 16 school and two division projects for 2017-18.
A total of $31,722 will go towards school-based projects and $13,978 is for division initiatives.
Some of the school-based projects are:
- $3,300 for positive mental health resources at Holy Trinity Catholic School.
- $4,500 for Living the Faith Retreats for Holy Family School.
- $1,432 for Passionate Leaders program so students who excel can spend a day with community experts.
- $600 for Kind Kids Club at St. Elizabeth Seton School.
- $6,000 for chapel supplies for St. Joseph High School.
- $900 for Bucket Filling for Jesus Retreat for St. Teresa of Avila School for student leaders.
Two division-wide initiatives were funded and include $4,000 for Middle School Faith Day, as well as $9,978 for RDCRS Reads 2017, a program to encourage students to read through the summer with 16 schools participating.
The foundation will also award five $2,500 scholarships in the fall.
The foundation was developed to enhance the mission of Catholic education and promote the advancement of students’ education. Foundation projects, initiatives and scholarships are not funded by Alberta Education.