The City of Red Deer is encouraging residents to watch Friday’s fireworks from various vantage points.
The Calgary Stampede is bringing pyrotechnics to four Alberta communities, including Red Deer, on Friday night to celebrate the opening of its fair and rodeo.
The 11 p.m. fireworks show will be set off from the downtown area, but viewable from many parts of the city:
• Watch from Ross Street and neighbouring areas, consider watching from your backyard, a local park or a parking lot — or hop on an e-scooter and head downtown.
• The display will be visible from anywhere fireworks set off from Bower Ponds have been visible in the past. (Note, there will be limited parking at Bower Ponds and Capstone. The parking lots at Bower Ponds will close when it’s full.)
The show is approximately 15 minutes long. To accommodate the fireworks, there will be some road and trail closures:
• Fencing will be installed between the Taylor Bridge and 47 Street; as a result the path through Capstone will be closed July 8 and 9.
• The River Walk trail from the Taylor Bridge to 47 Street will be closed at about 10 p.m. on Friday, and will reopened after the fireworks are over.
• 45 Street and 47 Street through Capstone will close from approximately 10 p.m. until the fireworks are over. Local access for residents only will be available.
For more information about the fireworks on Red Deer, visit: www.reddeer.ca/fireworks.
For more information about the Fireworks Spectacular, please visit CalgaryStampede.com.