The City of Lacombe has announced Recreation and Culture Grant funding for five projects.
The city provided $12,500 to facilitate the 2019 Recreation and Culture Grant Program. The Lacombe and District Recreation Parks and Culture Board approved the allocation of the funds at their meeting this past Tuesday.
“The city is excited to collaborate with community organizations to give residents opportunities to enjoy recreation and culture experiences in supportive physical and social environments,” said Sandi Stewart, recreation and culture manager.
“The approved projects will benefit many in our community, as they learn to get active with their dogs, take photos in vintage costumes, box to help with neurological conditions, or use art to engage those living with dementia.”
The following organizations will receive funding:
- The Dopamain Gym (in association with Red Deer Boxing Club and Parkinson Alberta) – $1,800
- The Lacombe and District Historical Society vintage photo booth project – $1,700
- The Lacombe and District FCSS Opening Minds Through Art project – $4,489
- One Smart Cookie K9 Services Begging for Beginners project –$500
- Crystal Watson’s Youth Athletic Development Series – $4,011