Alberta Health Services is offering free weight-management workshops in Red Deer starting in January.
Weight Wise is a a series of workshops led by AHS professionals who share their expertise and guide interactive group sessions.
The program is open to residents age 17 and older. Family members and supporters are welcome to attend.
People can register for all or some of the workshops that include:
– Weight Wise Nutrition: The top 5 tips to reduce calories; on Jan. 10, from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
– Weight Wise Getting started planning for success. The one-session workshop will be held Jan. 12 from 9 to 11:30 a.m.; Jan. 24 from 5:30 to 8 p.m.; and March 21 from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
– Weight Wise Nutrition: The truth about what works in weight management; on Jan. 17 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
– Weight Wise Moving Matters: Including physical activity in your day. The one-session workshop will be held Jan. 31 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. and March 9 from 1 to 3:30 p.m.
– Weight Wise Nutrition: I know I should eat healthy but, how?; on Feb. 7 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
-Weight Wise Nutrition: Eating away from home and on special occasions. The one-session workshop will be held Feb. 9 from 1 to 3:30 p.m., and March 14 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
– Weight Wise Lifestyle Change: A toolkit for success; on Feb. 21 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
– Weight Wise Minding Stress I and II. Part I runs Feb. 28 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. and part II runs March 7 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Workshops will be held at Bethany Collegeside, 87 College Circle, in the Education Room. Registration is required as date and time are subject to change.
For more information and to register call the Alberta Healthy Living Program Central Zone at 1-877-314-6997.