Photo from firetruck.ca

Photo from firetruck.ca

Minor injuries in stove fire

Red Deer Emergency Services says box left on stove caught fire on Thursday night

One person suffered minor injuries on Thursday night after a box caught fire on a stove.

Red Deer Emergency Services said a cardboard box was left on a stove while people were moving in to the home on Elwell Close. Somehow, a burner was turned on and the box ignited around 11 p.m.

The occupant was able to put the fire out before fire-medics arrived. There was no damage to the house.

Red Deer Emergency Services remind residents to never leave combustible items untended on a stove top.

House fireRed Deer Emergency Services