No one was injured as a result of a balcony fire in Penhold.
Firefighters were called to the fire on Healy Close around 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
“We arrived on scene to see a fire pit being fed by propane burning on a balcony,” said Ryan Clarke, acting fire lieutenant.
“We checked both upstairs and downstairs but neither residents were home. We used a ladder to gain access to the balcony and they managed to shut off the propane.”
Penhold Fire Chief Jim Pendergast said this was “a very dangerous situation.”
“We have had large loss fires in the past in Penhold from open fires on balconies and decks. We encourage people to make sure that any open flame fire pits or appliances never be left without a responsible adult in attendance,” said Pendergast.
Firefighters spoke with the building owner and then cleared the scene to respond to another emergency.