Penhold Fire Department responded to a collision on Jan. 19, 2020. (Photo contributed)

Penhold fire crews respond to hazardous gases at residence

The Penhold Fire Department discovered a cleared a house with dangerous gases Wednesday.

At 2:38 a.m., crews responded to reports of a structure fire and found small amounts of smoke showing at the front entrance.

During the search, fire crews discovered hazardous gases, carbon monoxide, inside the house. The cause of the incident was a failed sump pump. Fire crews disconnected the sump pump and ventilated the house to safe levels. Crews were on scene for 2 hours.

centralalbertaRedDeer