Penhold firefighters responded to an apartment fire early Friday morning.
Penhold Fire Department said firefighters arrived at 4:25 a.m. to the three-storey building on Robinson Ave to find smoke coming a dryer in the laundry room.
“We had the fire under control in minutes and had crews checking to make sure all residents were evacuated,” said fire chief Jim Pendergast.
Pendergast said crews rescued several pets and returned them to their owners.
He said the dryer was removed and ventilation was set up to remove all the smoke and products of combustion.
Damage was estimated at about $5,000.
Crews remained on the scene until 7 a.m.