Police announce fourth victim stemming from tractor tragedy southeast of Montreal

Police announce fourth victim stemming from tractor tragedy southeast of Montreal

The accident had claimed the lives of three children

MONTREAL — Quebec provincial police say a fourth person has died following Wednesday’s tractor accident in Notre-Dame-de-Stanbridge, southeast of Montreal.

The accident had claimed the lives of three children — all under the age of five — out of a total of 10 people who were thrown from the front loader of a tractor.

Sgt. Claude Denis says today that police were informed Friday night of the death of one of the two adults who had been listed in critical condition earlier this week.

The condition of the second adult wasn’t immediately available.

Five others — three children and two adults — were also seriously injured in the accident.

A 38-year-old Quebec man was charged with criminal negligence causing death and criminal negligence causing bodily harm during a court appearance on Thursday.

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

(Contributed)
Red Deer Regional Health Foundation receives $40K in donations

Donations from Canadian Pacific and Durham family of Red Deer

NDP MP Heather McPherson pictured in Edmonton on Friday, March 6, 2020. Alberta’s legislature may have been silenced but its partisan warfare has relocated to the House of Commons as MPs hold an emergency debate tonight on the province’s soaring COVID-19 cases. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Jason Franson
Kenney under fire during Commons emergency debate on Alberta’s COVID-19 crisis

Edmonton New Democrat MP says Kenney ignored the evidence of science

A General Motors sign in Oshawa, Ont., is photographed on Wednesday, June 20, 2018. General Motors Canada says it will start truck production at its assembly plant in Oshawa, Ont., ahead of schedule. THE CANADIAN PRESS/ Tijana Martin
Oshawa assembly plant restart ahead of schedule, GM Canada says

Closure of plant in 2019 was huge blow to Canada’s manufacturing sector

FILE - In this Jan. 24, 2019, file photo, a woman walks by the Australian Embassy in Beijing. China on Thursday, May 6, 2021 suspended an economic dialogue with Australia, stepping up a pressure campaign that began over Australian support for a probe into the origins of the coronavirus. (AP Photo/Andy Wong)
China suspends economic dialogue with Australia

China’s relations with Australia, India and some other neighbours are increasingly strained

LtE bug
Letter: Restrictions are a crime against humanity

I was distressed to note the seemingly superficial understanding of the holocaust… Continue reading

LtE bug
Letter: Follow restrictions so pandemic can be behind us

From one who feels that COVID could have been overcome long ago… Continue reading

LtE bug
Letter: Westerner needs help now

I have spent the last few days sifting through many pieces of… Continue reading

Jets beat Flames 4-0 to snap seven-game losing streak and clinch playoff spot

Jets beat Flames 4-0 to snap seven-game losing streak and clinch playoff spot

Most Read