MONCTON, N.B. — The two RCMP officers in New Brunswick who were wounded in shootings last month that also killed three of their colleagues are expressing gratitude for the public’s support.
The RCMP have released statements from constables Eric Dubois and Darlene Goguen, who were shot on June 4 while they were pursuing an armed suspect in Moncton.
Dubois says he appreciates the comforting notes he received from across Canada and the United States while he was recuperating.
Goguen says she continues to recover from her injuries and is grateful for the public’s encouragement and prayers.
Both were treated and released from hospital after the shootings.
Constables Fabrice Gevaudan, Douglas Larche and Dave Ross were shot dead and a manhunt spanning 30 hours ensued until a suspect was arrested.
Justin Bourque is charged with three counts of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder.