• CNIB needs bingo volunteers for evening bingos 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Red Deer Bingo Center on April 13. Contact Rosane at 403-346-0037 or Rosane.firstname.lastname@example.org
• Canadian Cancer Society is seeking volunteers for the upcoming Daffodil Days campaign, March 31, April 1 and 2. If you are interested in helping us support the many people affected by cancer, please contact Sharon at 403-309-5426 or Sharon.email@example.com
• Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life Planning Committee needs a luminary coordinator, relay coach, entertainment and activities, logistics, volunteer coordinators and many more! Contact Melonie at 403-309-5427, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Family Services of Central Alberta is having a fun event — Juke Box Mania — on March 19 at The Westerner. Volunteers are needed from or between 5 to 11:30 p.m. and some from 9 a.m. to noon for set up. Contact Sandy at 403-309-8215 or email@example.com.
• The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Red Deer has fabulous initiatives that you can help us out with such as event and receipt volunteers for Jumps and Hoops, event volunteers for our Big Bike event and volunteer committee members for our Golf Classic. Get involved in our great FUN-raising events! Contact Kelly at 403-343-4435 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bethany Care Society—CollegeSide has opportunities as a beauty salon assistant, office assistant or computer assistant plus our regular opportunities as meal time assistants, maintenance assistants or resident visitors. Contact Janine at email@example.com.
• Canadian Mental Health needs volunteers to work at the Bargain Treasures Thrift Store. Join this supportive, fun, team orientated environment with flexible hours. Please contact Joyce at 403-342-2266 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Catholic Social Services has new positions for a brain injury companion and a sign language volunteer along with their regular resident visitor opportunities. Contact Angela at 403-347-8844, or email email@example.com.
• Central Alberta Refugee Effort (C.A.R.E.) is seeking volunteers for a variety of positions, including: volunteer friend, translator/interpreters, cultural consultants and immigrant seniors and youth program volunteers. Call 403-346-8818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Family Services of Central Alberta is seeking volunteers for the Adult Day Program. The organization seeks those who have a desire to work with older adults on Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The organization is also looking for a board member with a service club, business or legal background and also volunteers for Parent Link at Parkland Mall. Contact Shamara 403-343-6400 or email@example.com.
• Golden Circle Seniors Resource Center is seeking volunteers to help with the hot lunch and supportive transportation programs and seniors application assistants. Contact Diane at 403-343-6074, extension 108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Learning Disabilities Association of Alberta, Red Deer Chapter is seeking board members, volunteer tutors and conference committee members. Contact Sheryl at 403-340-3885 or email execdir@LDreddeer.ca.
• Magdalene House Society is seeking volunteers for their Temporary Foreign Workers support group to assist migrant workers with understanding our culture, language and legal system. People who are willing to journey with a TFW for the duration of their stay in Canada — up to two years — are needed. Contact David at 403-342-6191 or email@example.com or Lauren at 403-343-7007.
• Michener Services has a personable, fun and independent individual who is looking for a caring and friendly woman to be an exercise buddy and go to Body Basics with her. Orientation is provided. Contact Carmen at 403-340-7803 or Carmen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Red Deer Action Group Society is seeking board members to help plan the direction of the Subsidy Ride Program and other initiatives. Business and fundraising skills would be helpful but not mandatory. An interest in helping disadvantaged persons and two to three hours per month on the third Wednesday of the month from 1 to 3 p.m. is required. Contact Jean at 403-350-7260 or 403-343-1198 or email@example.com.
• Red Deer Arts Council is seeking board members and/or committee members to help plan the direction of arts and culture in Red Deer and initiatives directly related to the arts. Skills from business and fundraising would be helpful but not mandatory. Contact Diana Anderson, coordinator at 403-348-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The AGM is set for March 22, so the group would like to hear from interested persons very soon.
• Red Deer Hospice Society is seeking volunteers for resident/family support; reception; kitchen; grounds and maintenance, special events and bereavement support. Contact Robin or Chris at 403-4344 ext.101, or email@example.com.
• Red Deer Neighbourhood Watch is seeking a secretary to take minutes at board meetings, and a board director. Newcomers welcome. The group meets once a month. (There are no meetings July or August.) The volunteer may decide which projects/events to volunteer for. Contact Michael at 403-346-4636 ext.123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Red Deer Public Library Adult Literacy Program at the Dawe Library is looking for volunteer tutors to assist students with reading, writing and speaking English or basic math skills. Students are from all walks of life and from many countries. Contact Lois at 403-346-2533 or email@example.com.
• Rural Victim Services Society is seeking advocates who will offer 24-hour crisis assistance to victims of crime and other tragic circumstances. Contact the program director at 403-343-5504.
• Ten Thousand Villages is seeking volunteers to work in the Southpointe Common store. The volunteer will learn about Fair Trade and fantastic arts and crafts from countries around the world and share this knowledge with customers. Contact Leslie at 403-341-0178 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Westerner Park is seeking committee volunteers for their Northern Star Talent Search, Artistic Expressions, Kids Corral, Pony Chuckwagon, Little Red Barn and Ag Awareness, Westerner Championship Dairy Showcase, and Livestock events. Contact Westerner Park at 403-343-7800 or askus @westerner.ab.ca.
For more volunteer opportunities, visit CiRS Volunteer Services at www.cirsonline.ca or call 403-346-4636.