Building permit values decreased in March, the City of Red Deer revealed Thursday.
Throughout the third month of 2023, there were 62 approved permits valued at $3 million, compared with 67 permits issued in March 2022 worth $9.5 million.
Year-to-date values remain lower in 2023, with current values at $22 million compared with $36 million last year.
Notable permits include:
- Building permit for tenant improvements to an optometrist office at 3105 20 Sharpe Ave., valued at $268,000;
- Building permit for construction of a new detached single-family dwelling with attached garage, basement development and covered deck at 109 Larratt Cl., valued at $255,552;
- Building permit for renovations and addition to Hunting Hills High School at 150 Lockwood Av., valued at $223,588;
- Building permit for plumbing repairs and drywall replacement at Red Deer Polytechnic Residence Tower 1 at 100 College Blvd., valued at $200,000;
- Building permit for renovation of two bays at 1-7711 50 Ave., valued at $198,000.
Of March 2023’s 62 permits, 33 were residential, 21 were commercial, six were public service and two were industrial.