Red Deer RCMP are asking residents to check their security video in an effort to catch whoever was responsible for several incidents of vandalism involving a small pellet or BB gun since Nov. 15.
In the last three weeks, Red Deer RCMP have received more than 20 reports of vehicle damage from small pellet or BB gun bullets.
In some instances, small holes were made to vehicle bodies, while others had windows damaged.
Police said that while the incidents are not confirmed to be related at this time, the vandalism appears similar in nature.
Incidents likely occurred during the early morning hours on the following days:
• Nov. 15 in Highland Green near Hermary Street, 52nd Avenue, and 62nd Street.
• Nov. 15, and again on Nov. 28, in Eastview near Embury Crescent, 44th Street, Excell Street, and Edwards Crescent.
• Nov. 15 in Morrisroe near 40th Avenue and McKee Close.
• Nov. 25 for residents along Ross Street and 41st Avenue.
• Nov. 29 in Mountview along 37th Street and Springbett Drive.
• Sometime between Nov. 26 and Nov. 29, and again on Dec. 1, in Bower near Barret Drive, Bettenson Street, Brown Close and Bannerman Close.
• Dec. 1 in Pines near 71st Street, Park Avenue, and Phelan Street.
• Dec. 1 in Laredo along Longmire Close.
• Dec. 1 in West Park near 59th Avenue and West Park Crescent.
Police are asking homeowners in these neighbourhoods to check security footage from those dates.
Surveillance footage from one of the incidents captured a possible suspect vehicle described as an early 2000s silver or grey car. More surveillance footage, or eyewitness information, would be helpful.
Anyone with information on these incidents, or has witnessed suspicious activity in their neighbourhood, is asked to contact Red Deer RCMP at 403-343-5575 or their local police department. To remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), on line at www.p3tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play store.