The City of Red Deer is offering free transit all day on Election Day to ensure everyone is able to cast their vote.
Red Deer voters will be able to choose from one of eight voting stations across the city this upcoming Monday:
- Baymont by Wyndham Red Deer: Piper Creek Room: 4311 49 Ave.
- Cambridge Red Deer Hotel & Conference Centre: Mediterranean Ballroom: 3310 50 Ave.
- Collicutt Centre: Field House: 3031 30 Ave.
- Northside Community Centre (YMCA): Gymnasium: 6391 76 St.
- Parkland Mall: Unit 458: 6359 50 Ave.
- Radisson Hotel Red Deer: Winspear Ballroom: 6500 67 St.
- St. Joseph High School: Gymnasium: 110, 2700 67 St.
- Westerner Park: Exhibition Hall: 4847A 19 St.
Voting is open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Voters can select a transit route using the MyBus app or by visiting reddeer.ca/transit for route maps and schedules.
The city also has a virtual map in place to help voters select the quickest voting station; the voting station map showcases live wait times for each voting station, updated regularly by staff on site throughout each voting day.
Voters can still participate in the Advance Vote until Saturday. Three Advance Vote stations have been open daily since Oct. 4. Unofficial counts show 8,048 people participated in Advance Vote from Oct. 4-14.
In addition to shifting to larger voting stations, a number of health and safety measures are in place to protect both voters and election staff, including enhanced sanitization, physical distancing, barriers and mandatory masking.
For more information on the election, including where to vote and who is running, visit elections.reddeer.ca.