A new term of Red Deer city council means new appointments to a variety of city committees.
This week at the organizational meeting of council, appointments were made to fill openings on 10 city committees, boards and commissions.
These boards make recommendations to city council and are made up of individuals who want to give back to the community. Some appointments required specific expertise, relevant to a specific board.
The following is a list of committees with their community appointees:
– Central Alberta Economic Partnership: Michael Clark
– Housing and Homelessness Integrations Committee: Linda Ophus, Correna Rae, Natasha Dorsey, David Hardy , Jean Cadorette, Gene C., Michelle Schafers, Theresa O’Hara, Emmanuel Orungbemila , Rob McLaren , Gordon Wright
– Intermunicipal Subdivision & Development Appeal Board: Jordan Krulicki
– Library Board: Valdene Callin, Laura Thevenaz
– Municipal Planning Commission: Daniel Jerusalimiec, Tony Lindhout
– Public Art Commission: Linda Cullen-Saik, Allen MacIntyre, Kaylee Zunino, Daniel White
– Red Deer Appeal & Review Board (Joint Appointment to the Red Deer Subdivision & Development Appeal Board): Michael Kartusch, Don Wielinga, Dawn W.
– Red Deer & District Family and Community Support Services Board: Richard Lemke, Sheyi Olubowale
– Red Deer Regional Airport Authority Board (with sub-committees): Al Lucas, Peter Clow
– River Bend Golf and Recreation Society Board (with sub-committee): Nickolas Bailey, Rick Brand, Brian Johnson, Ray Lewchuk
Council also ratified the following representatives on the Downtown Business Association Board of Directors: Vicki Finlay, Brandon Bouchard, Gary Oosterhoff.
Councillors were also appointed to sit on various committees. The complete list is available on the city’s website under Newsroom.
During the meeting, council also passed two resolutions to endorse council representation at the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA). Councillor Lawrence Lee is the director for cities up to 500,000 and councillor Dianne Wyntjes is on AUMA Committees.
More information about council committee section is available on the city’s website.