Temporary road bans start on Monday in Red Deer.
Bans throughout the city will come into effect at 7 a.m. for trucks to prevent serious damage to roads during spring thaw.
The following roads are designated as areas where trucks are allowed to carry up to a maximum per cent of vehicle axle weight allowance, and are in effect until further notice:
Seventy-five per cent (temporary):
- Township Road 384 east of Range Road 271 to east city limit
- 39 St. (Township Road 382) west of Range Road 270 to Range Road 271 (20 Ave.)
- Range Road 272 (30 Ave.) north of Township Road 384 to Township Road 390
- Township Road 390 east of Range Road 272 to Range Road 271
- Range Road 271 (20 Ave.) south of Township Road 384 to 55 St.
- Range Road 271 south of Township Road 390 to Township Road 384
- Range Road 270 north of 19 St. to 55 St.
Fifty per cent (temporary):
- C&E Trail from Hwy 11A to Township Road 391
- Range Road 281 from TWP Rd. 384 to 79 Street
As a reminder, the following roads have year-round permanent bans for trucks:
50 percent (permanent):
- Range Road 271 from 55 Street to 39 Street
- C&E Trail from Township Road 391to City Limits
- Queens Drive from Brandt Tractor to 79 Street