Ways to prevent a kitchen fire

Ways to prevent a kitchen fire

Fire prevention officer releases safety tips

The latest kitchen fire in Red Deer has prompted a release about fire prevention.

Red Deer Emergency Services members responded on Monday night to a kitchen fire at Northwood Estates, 5344-76th St.

No injuries were reported, and there was no damage estimate released.

But the city’s fire prevention officer, Julian Hedrich, wants to remind residents of the following safety tips:

– Stay in the kitchen while cooking — unattended cooking is the leading cause of kitchen fires.

– Keep anything that can catch fire — oven mitts, utensils, food packaging, towels and curtains — away from the stove top.

-Never leave candles burning unattended, and consider using flame-less (batter-operated) candles.

– Always dispose of cigarette ashes and butts in a proper ashtray.

– Always have working smoke alarms — your life could depend on them one day.

For more information, please call 587-876-1306.

Cityof Red Deer

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up