Nineteen nominees have been announced for the 2013 Women of Excellence Awards.
Red Deer and District Community Foundation’s award program recognizes women who have done great things in Central Alberta.
Nominees in nine categories include:
• Arts, Culture and Heritage — Shelia Bannerman, of Red Deer, and Jenna Goldade, of Red Deer.
• Athletics, Recreation and Fitness — Kathleen Anne ‘Kay’ Kenny, of Red Deer, and Jackie Waisman, of Red Deer.
• Business and the Professions – Patricia Bourne, of Innisfail, and Stella Robb, of Springbrook.
• Community Building – Cheryl Adams, of Red Deer, Robin Armitage, of Red Deer, Shirley Challoner, of Red Deer, Melodie Helm, of Ponoka, Shannon Nivens, of Red Deer, and Michelle Weinberger, of Red Deer.
• Education and Training — Pattie Henley, of Red Deer, and Judy Dea Dorland, of Red Deer County.
• Entrepreneurship — Katherina Mercedes Cummins, of Sylvan Lake, and Leona Mae Quantz Staples, of Innisfail.
• Environment — Beverly Anne Anderson, of Norglenwold.
• Health and Wellness — Mary Eileen Gardiner, of Red Deer.
• Human Services — Jan Underwood, of Red Deer.
The sixth annual Women of Excellence Awards Gala will be held on June 12, at 5:30 p.m., at the Sheraton Red Deer Hotel.
Award recipients will be announced at the gala.
Tickets are $100 each. For tickets call 403-341-6911.
The Women of Excellence Awards Gala is presented by the Red Deer Advocate, 100.7 The River and foundation sponsor Red Deer Living.