Sutter Fund Chiefs split pair of games
The Red Deer Sutter Fund Chiefs split a pair of midget A girls’ hockey league games during the weekend, beating Stettler 5-0 and losing 4-3 to Sylvan Lake.
Nora Drechsler recorded the shutout against Stettler while Taylor Heinzlmeir had three goals, Chelsey Weatherill a goal and three assists and Taylor Thoreson a goal. Shelby Schlosser had two assists.
Schlosser, Marianne Currie and Heinzlmeir scored against Sylvan Lake with Haley Cramer adding two helpers. Elissa Spiegelmann was in goal.
Feser shoots 20 for All-stars
Rick Feser dropped in 29 points and Bob Schurman added 22 as the Grandview All-stars downed Wells Furniture 75-58 in Central Alberta Senior Men’s Basketball Association play.
Eddie Ellis had 17 points and Rob Bergstrom 12 for Wells.
Indoor soccer tourney coming
Forty teams, including seven from Red Deer, will be on hand for the Red Deer City Soccer Association indoor girls’ tournament at the Collicutt Centre this weekend.
The tournament opens Friday at 6 p.m. and runs Saturday and Sunday, beginning at 7 a.m. both days.
The 38-team boys’ tournament, which includes teams from Alberta and the Northwest Territories, will take place Nov. 26-28 at the Collicutt Centre.
The meeting of two undefeated teams proved to be a one-sided affair as the Hot Shots downed the RDC Royals 107-42 in North Star Women’s Basketball League play Monday
Monica Lewing had 35 points, Trudie Lefurgey 33 and Jill deJonge 22 for the Hot Shots while Melissa Grabski and Ali Assenheimer had 12 each for RDC.
* The North Stars edged the Spartans 60-55 as Fiona Hicks had 16 points and Denise Vanson 13. Cassie Stewart had 16 and Carla Stewart 15 in a losing cause.
* Sanela Sarcevic had 13 points to lead the Collins Barrow Storm to a 35-31 win over the Funk, who got 10 points from Lisa Leatherdale.
* Alana Sherba dropped in 17 points as the Big Ballers downed The Bank 49-22. Melissa Jensen had eight points for The Bank.
* Wild Bills downed the Ligers 50-40 as Zoe Eaton had 18 points. Candace Stamp had seven for the Ligers.
* Lacombe got 30 points from Jody McElroy and 14 from Eliza Lewis in beating the Triple Threat 69-27. Ingrid Kleinlugtenbeld had seven points in a losing effort.