Back to Edmonton
Joe McGrath has had a change of heart. The Saskatchewan Roughriders traded the non-import offensive lineman to the Edmonton Eskimos on Thursday, granting the six-year veteran a request to return to his former team. In return for McGrath, Saskatchewan acquires Edmonton’s first round pick at the 2010 Canadian Football League draft and a player off the Eskimos’ negotiation list. McGrath, a native of Moose Jaw, Sask., originally signed a two-year deal plus an option with the Roughriders on February 16. “A few days ago, Joe approached us saying he was having a case of buyer’s remorse,” said Roughriders head coach Ken Miller. “He apologized profusely, but said, for a combination of personal and professional reasons, he wanted to return to the Eskimos.”
• High school soccer: Consolation games at 4:15 p.m.
• Rodeo: Innisfail Pro Rodeo, 6:45 p.m., Daines Ranch.
• Parkland baseball: Lacombe at Red Deer, 6:45 p.m., Great Chief Park 2; Clive at Eckville, 6:45 p.m.
• Sunburst baseball: Red Deer Stags tournament at Great Chief Park.
• High school soccer: Championship tournament at Edgar Park.• Sunburst baseball: Red Deer Stags tournament at Great Chief Park.
• Rodeo: Innisfail Pro Rodeo, 1:30 and 6:45 p.m., Daines Ranch.
• Men’s rugby: Edmonton Druids at Red Deer Titans I, 3 p.m., Titans Park.
• Men’s football: Edmonton Stallions at Red Deer, 6 p.m., Great Chief Park.
On the tube
• NASCAR: LifeLock 400, Sprint Cup qualifying, 1 p.m., TSN.
• Baseball: Florida at Toronto, 5 p.m., TSN.
• NHL: Pittsburgh at Detroit, 6 p.m., CBC.